2011/03/08

Inspiration

Today is International Women's Day. Many will publish or have published inspiring articles about women. I don't (at this point anyway) have a job writing inspiring articles, so I shall keep it brief and list some women who inspire me:
  • My partner
  • My mother
  • My two sisters
  • My sisters-in-law
  • The women who put together Girls Rock Camp Vancouver
  • The women who put together the original Rock & Roll Camp for Girls in Portland
  • The female musicians I know
  • The female writers I know
  • All women who brave the world of electoral politics
  • US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton
  • Activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali
  • Author Ursula K. LeGuin
  • Aun Sang Suu Kyi
  • Actor/director/writer Sarah Polley
I'm sure I'll think of more, but I have to get back to work now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As one of your female writer and aspiring musician friends --- I thank you Friend. You are an inspiration as well.

Holly R. said...

Exactly. What Esther said! :)